Saturday, March 21, 2009



I hate being weepy in my posts, so I half regret my last post. On the other hand, feeling the way I did and writing it out did in a way help bring forward the things that have been bothering me. Now its time to move on, right?

On Thursday, before I had to leave my vacation, I made a final trip to Caspar Beach. I was still feeling very sad as I sat down on the sand. One thing I do a lot of while at the beach is talk to Goddess. Just a casual conversation, without poetry or formality, but I always feel particularly close to Her at those times. I drew a labyrinth in the sand, beacuse while I may not be able to walk a full size one, the act of creating a smaller version is very relaxing. After sitting there a while I decided my labyrinth needed to have a more permanent feel. Though I knew at the least it would be washed away with the tide that night, I sought out rocks, sea glass and shells to fill the walls of my labyrinth. I think it turned out very pretty and in a way became my equinox celebration.

I have decided that eventually, my goal is to live in this area. I think it is what I need to do once I am able.

Though I was still desperately sad to leave the Mendocino area, I left feeling closer to Goddess and ready to start this new part of my life.

1 comment:

Queer by Choice said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I've been creating a list of Yuba-Sutter area blogs at http://yubasutter.wikispot.org/Blogs. I added yours to the list, but if for any reason you don't want it to be listed or you want it listed in a different way, feel free to edit the list. (It's a local wiki, so anyone can edit the page, with or without registering.)